Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Personal Space

Why do people on a relatively non-crowded train feel the need to stand right on top of you? It seems like every day, I get on the train coming home, and no matter how much room is in the car, some moron has to stand right by me. I'm not even talking close, I'm talking very close. It's maddening. Today, some woman stands right in front of me, practically stepping on my shoes. I gave a not-so-subtle hint that she was a bit too close, and all she does is turns and smiles at me. Maybe I wouldn't have minded so much if she even approached attractive, but either way, it just pissed me off.

All I know is, I was raised right. I'm polite, hold the door for people, etc. As angry as I get, I rarely let it show. And I'd never invade someone's personal space like that. After 9+ hours a day working with the public, the last thing I want is one of them sitting in my lap on the ride home.

No comments: