Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Day Off

I decided to take today off, since I still wasn't feeling wel from my ordeal from earlier this week. Thank God for computers and the ability to work from home.

I am completely bored lately. TV sucks. There are some good movies out there, but they're few and far between, and even then, they're only like 90 minutes long. I tired of the bar scene long ago. Artistically, I feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions, and the net result is nothing (i.e., I sit on my ass). I'm dying for a good video game or book to come out, but nothing has caught my interest. I need to find a new hobby, somthing to make me enjoy things again. I'm not depressed. Just sort of apathetic.

*****************************************************************************

Song of the Day: All Because of You, by U2

This song, while not the best song on their new album How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, shows why these guys are still the best rock band out there today. The Strokes, The Hive, The White Stripes, or any other "The" band, all would give their right testicle to write a song half as good as this. It evoves the Rolling Stones and The Who, but still has the flavor of a U2 song. Definitely a stripped-down throwback, and just all out rock and roll. I saw them live back in May, and they did this song, and as with most stuff with U2, it's better live.

No comments: