Saturday, July 09, 2005

Today on Music Television (MTV)...actual music!

Ok, so MTV & VH1 decided to replay the Live 8 concerts that they didn't play the first time. I mean, they played them, but the concert was cut to shreds to allow for commercials and such. I applaud the networks for listening to their audience and replaying the concerts in their entirety, but they should not have had to respond to thousands of complaints in the first place. Maybe I'm showing my age here, but does anyone else remember when the "M" in MTV stood for MUSIC? I mean these days, we're treated to Punk'd, Road Rules, Real World, Road Rules vs. Real World, Pimp My Ride, Viva La Bam, and various and sundry other shows which have no connection with music whatsoever. TRL shows parts of videos from "artists," but it's mostly 12 year old girls in Times Square screaming their f'ing lungs out. I think they run videos from like 4am to 5am, or some ridiculousness like that. And VH1 just does their "list" shows now, with D-list "celebrities" making fun of real celebrities. It was funny the first few times, but now, all day on VH1 you can find shows like "Least Metal Moments" or "40 Biggest Celebrity Oops!" I mean, I loved "I Love the '80s" and it's sequels, but again, I'd rather see more music.

I grew up on MTV and the videos. Headbangers Ball. Top 20 Countdown. Rock Blocks. Even Yo MTV Raps. Video killed the radio star, and MTV killed the video star.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you listed your blog in a blog directory?

"picture blog" is what I used to find your blog on google

picture blog

Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

Anonymous said...

to all of the major RSS feed directories on the Internet.